CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Madiyn's Birthday and Cinderella Pageant

Friday was Madisyn's birthday, so we just had a little family fun that day. We went shopping for her birthday present and then we went to lunch at Wendy's... she likes the chicken nuggets! We opened her presents that night, and she, and the other kids, had fun with the little ride on horse that we got her. Sydney had Cinderella practice that night, so we then went to that and then headed over to my parents house to have some pizza! I think she had a fun day. I was out of wrapping paper, can you tell?We had a family party for her on Sunday night with all the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins that could come! My grandparents came up that day too, but couldn't stay long because it started snowing! We missed them at the party, but were glad they could come up and see us and the family!!
Madisyn was so funny! She wouldn't really open the presents, but then she would act like she wanted to, but then would just throw her arms! So Braxten, Brinley, Brevan, and Keldon ended up opening them for her! She got a lot of fun stuff, and the kids have loved playing with it all week long!
When I brought the cake over, I must've gotten it a little close to her, because the next thing you know, her hand is in the black frosting on the ladybug! She had it in her mouth so fast! It was hilarious! So I grabbed that hand, and so she goes in with the other hand! By the time we had the candle blown out, thanks to the cousins, she was already covered in frosting! It was sooo cute! We then took her over and let her eat the ladybug. Well, all she ate was the black frosting... she didn't want anything to do with anything else! It was funny. She is such a cutie, and I think she had a fun birthday.She is such a fun little girl! We love her so much and are so grateful to have her in our home!

Last Thursday, at the last minute, I decided to put Sydney in the Cinderella pageant. She is really shy, and I wanted to see if she would get out there and open up a little bit! Boy was I surprised by her. She got right out there. She was doing her little walk, waving, blowing kisses to dad when he came on Friday, and smiling at the family. On Saturday, she had fun too and she did such a good job. I was very proud of her for getting out there and doing it. She ended up winning Photogenic girl. Here is the pic I submitted for her. Although I had cropped it a little bit more. It was hilarious though, because all the royalty kept coming up to her and playing with her. They thought she was so adorable, which I happen to agree on! When they brought out the trophy to give to the all around girl, they came over to Sydney. I had to tell them that it wasn't her and send her back to the winner. They thought she had won. I had a lot of people tell me that they thought she should have won. But, it is okay... I'm just really glad that she got on stage and did the whole thing without crying, whining, or throwing a fit! She surprised me, and I was glad she had fun doing it!Later that night we went to the SFW dinner. Brevan won a fishing pole there with the little kids, and Brett and I won a BBQ for our camp chef. My dad actually won a gun. Surprise, surprise! We usually go and never win anything, but we actually did this year. So we had fun there too. It was a good dinner and we enjoyed getting out!
We had a great weekend and I hope everyone else is doing well too!!

3 comments:

Adrienne

so cute.

Syme Family

Looks like you have had a fun time lately. Your kids are so cute and getting so big.
Are you guys going to the 19th ward party in Logan?

Anonymous

Your girls are so cute! I love Miss Photogenic Girl. That is too funny she was all into it.