So, not only that, but I woke up with a sore throat on Friday, and Brett had an ear infection started by Friday night! Great huh, well it gets better... Sydney wakes up Saturday, while Brett and I are both still feeling like crap, and she is throwing up. So she ends up sleeping with us. Madi at this point is screaming bloody murder because Sydney is crying and throwing up. Madi didn't calm down for a good hour to hour and a half. Then I had to go wash all the sheets and blankets, and carpet. Needless to say, none of us got a great nights sleep that night. It was a wonderful weekend that I hope to never, ever re-live. I kept saying to myself, just one more thing, you can get through it!!
The weekend before that had been wonderful though! Brett had talked to my uncle Mac about some passes to Brian Head around Christmas. So we went down and spent 2 nights in Cedar City so we could do other stuff while there. We had a blast at Brian head. I haven't been boarding in about 4 years. I have been pregnant. It was fun to see a bunch of friends that still work there. It was interesting to see the things that had changed. While I was there I had worked first on lift operations, and then on Ski Patrol. Patrol, I think, has been my favorite lifetime job. I loved being outside all the time, and still being able to help people. Anyways... I saw a couple of friends from there, and found out that Chris Dever, who used to be Patrol boss, now owns a leather business in Cedar City and left his patrol job. Trevor and Seth took over his job. Which I thought was a good thing too. Win win all around. I'm sure they do a great job! It was fun to talk to them and they told me to call next time I needed passes... which I'm sure I will take them up on sometime soon!! They told me I could come back and work a weekend or two, and I might have to take them up on that too! I miss that job!
Brett and I had a great time too! He picked it right back up, better that I thought! We had such a great time! We went all over and had a lot of fun just being with each other! I'm not a jumper... too nervous since I broke my wrist a couple of times and pulled a ligament in my shoulder on jumps. Too accident prone on the jumps! Brett doesn't either since is still learning, and I don't want hospital bills! But we had a good time just riding the mountain! Too bad there wasn't any fresh powder though! That would have been the best!
Back in Cedar we went to dinner and actually went to a movie! We went to see "New in Town" with Renee Zellweger. If any of you get the chance to see it, GO!!! It was sooooo funny! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Even Brett made the comment that he was laughing the whole way through! We had a great time, and I can't wait to get away again! Even if it is only a few days! Ignore Brett's funny glasses... we forgot his, so we had to borrow my mom's old pair that were in her car! Ignore our cheesy smiles too, getting a good pic by yourselves is hard, especialy with a SLR camera!







3 comments:
sounds crazy. hope everyone is feeling better
Hey! Rough days!! I hate that!! Okay.. so I took the majority of those pic's in scipio of all places! That old garage on the main street... SOOOOO CUTE!!!! Then on the East side of the street.. a little more south than the garage is a way cool old door way. The pic's of her in her dress were all out at the gold coarse.. except the few in the trees, and fields.. those are out in the fields/dirt roads by our old house by walmart. SOOO FUN! I think it was you who asked what my camera is... its a NIKON D70
I'm glad I read the baby in the belly story because I thought you were going to say you were pregnant. I saw Brett at Walmart on Friday. I waved at him but I don't think he knew who I was. I didn't see you so I didn't dare go talk to him. I saw your little girls and they are so cute. We really need to get together sometime.
Post a Comment