CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pics!

Life has been kind of crazy these past few weeks. It seems like I always have time to come and look at others blogs, but then I don't do my own! We have been keeping busy with Brevan's preschool, playgroup for Sydney, taking my brother every Tuesday and Thursday, church callings, family, and everything else in between. The kids are growing and changing like crazy! Brett and I are always saying how fast they grow, and how it is crazy how life changes so fast! We love the kids so much and are so grateful for them in our lives!
Last weekend was my grandparents 50th Anniversary. We all met down in Marysvale Canyon and ate dinner at "Hoovers", not "Hooters." Before dinner we all got together and took a big family picture! We haven't had one since we were kids. I was around 8 years old. Or maybe 7. Anyways, only one of my cousins and his wife and son weren't able to be there. But we got the rest of them. I think they turned out pretty well. We had a good time anyways, and I still can't believe that they have been married that long.
Jarad wanted to give them a picture of him for their anniversary. So the week before, we went out and took some pics of him. WE had a lot of fun, and boy was I surprised when he actually wanted to have his pic taken! We took pics for 2 days and had a lot of fun!
I have also been taking a photography class here from Clark Knight. Just a class to learn the basics, but it was fun to learn from a different persons point of view! It was mostly refresher from some college classes I had taken, but I liked the interaction and getting out of the house for a little while! We went to Fish Lake on Saturday and took some pics up there. It was a lot of fun, and I think we got some fun shots! Nothing spectacular, I'm not a nature photographer, but different all the same. I love portraits, and that is what I have fun taking! I'll post some pics later of all that I've done these past couple of weeks!
Well, we are all doing well. We all got sick a couple of weeks ago, and are all doing better! Madisyn got some kind of awful rash that started to become excoriated and raw, so I had to take her in. The doctor ended up giving me antibiotics in case it was impetigo, and Nystatin in case it was a yeast infection. We couldn't really tell because it was so raw, but it has cleared up now and she is doing well! She is starting to try and walk now. She will be one in a month, and that is crazy to me! She is such a doll. She is always laughing, and whenever you look at her, you will most likely catch her with her tongue sticking out and her hand trying to catch it. It is hilarious! She is always jabbering, and can't wait to play with her younger cousin who is 5 months younger than her. She makes us laugh every day. Sydney loves her so much. She wakes up every morning trying to get to Madisyn. I sure hope they become good friends! I always wanted a sister to be friends with, so I hope that they can be.
Brevan learned to write his name over Valentines day. If there is anything good about getting valentines for kids, it is that. He wrote his name on all of them for his class, and he wanted to do it. I was the one becoming frustrated because it was taking so long. But he did it, and now he can write his name with a little bit of coaching. He is such a little stinker, and we love him so much! We love them all!
It seems like life just flies by and is always changing in ways that you really don't expect it. But we all just keep trudging along. I've learned that I'm not always the most patient or friendly person, but I hope that I can keep trying and learning. Today Brett was talking to me, and he was talking kind of loud. I said to him, "Can you talk a little quieter, please." Brevan looks at me and says, "Like the Holy Ghost, Mom?" It made me feel good that maybe we are teaching them something, even if it doesn't always feel like it. I hope that along with my learning and growing, that my kids will too. I hope I can teach them what is right and wrong, and that in the end they are good people who have a thirst for the truth, and the knowledge of what is truth. I'm so grateful for each day and that I get to live it with the people that I love.

1 comments:

Adrienne

they do grow up fast. ONE! that did go fast even though she's just younger than micah