My dad always dresses up on Halloween and then vists clients and friends. This year he found this headless butler costume hat was pretty cool. the shoulders blew up to the top of his head, then his head was the neck! The shirt came up to his eyes, and then it was a meshy material so he could see! Then he carried around this fake head! He went and borrowed this car so that people wouldn't know who he was! The kids loved it. They weren't sure of him at first, but then they realized it was Grandpa and he was dressed up like them! They of course loved the car too. This pic doesn't do the costume justice, but it was pretty funny!!

We also carved pumkins a few nights ago, here are some pics of those too. The kids wanted nothing to do with digging their hands into the slimy middles! They just watched us from afar, but loved the finished products!



Last night we got home, and as Brett and I were getting into bed I asked him if we should bring in the pumpkins. We decided to risk it and leave them out. About 15 minutes later, I hear a big "SMASH!" Well, needless to say, they left our scarecrow and the little one we didn't carve, but they smashed our Frankenstein and took my big pumpkin that we didn't carve so that I could use it for a Thanksgiving decoration. I have a turkey that I put on it! Anyways, Brevan was so upset when he saw it this morning. He started crying and said "Mom, the deer ate our pumpkins!" He had overheard me and ShaVon talking about her pumpkins and the deer that had eaten the faces out of them! It was kind of funny, but then I had to tell him that it wasn't the deer! He was upset after that! He felt so bad that people could be so mean to take his pumpkins. I tried to turn it into a lesson that sometimes we don't like what others do to us, but we need to always be nice and never do that to others. I don't know how well that worked, but hopefully he won't do it to others when he gets older!
4 comments:
Way to take advantage of every teaching moment you can! Your kids are way cute too! My Nathan didn't want to have anything with pumpkin carving after I got the top off and he saw what was inside. He said, "It stinks, Mom."
they all look so cute
Way way cute!!!
You have a very cute family! I hope you get another pumpkin for Thanksgiving. :)
Post a Comment