CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Today has been six years since Brett and I were married! It is crazy what has happened in that time! Marriage has its ups and downs, but the saying is true, "Together we have it all..." We have had our challenges, and I am positive that we will have many, many more. I look forward, with a lot of anxiety, to those moments when we will become stronger together. Marriage is sacred, and I am very relieved and happy to know that we are sealed together as a family. It makes us work harder, and makes us want to live worthily so that we can all live together when we die. I am so very grateful for that wonderful blessing.
Brett has been a best friend to me, pretty much from our first date. I don't really remember him that much before he asked me to prom 10 years ago, but after that date, everything changed. I remember thinking that night, and wondering and hoping that Brett and I would keep dating. I even wondered if we would get married. I think it is kind of weird that I would think that on a first date, maybe it was inspiration... who knows! But, I do know that I am glad we worked it out and stuck together. I don't know what my life would be like without him. He makes me happy, most of the time, and I love that he can make me laugh! He is a wonderful dad, and husband, and I'm so very grateful to have him in my life!

Yesterday was the Oldroyd family reunion (I'll post that at a later date). We had such a busy day, starting with golf in the morning. It was fun to be together with Brett and just play. We haven't done that for a while it seems like! We usually have the kids. But, because of our busy day, all day, I almost forgot our anniversary this morning. We were sitting in Sunday school, when Brett leans over to me and says, "Do you remember what today is?" I looked at him kind of funny, and then... "Oh my gosh! Happy Anniversary!" I can't believe I almost forgot... we have been talking about it for days! But, I blame it on the 2 1/2 hours of sleep the night before the reunion, and the busy, busy day of the reunion! (We were in charge of it, Brett's mom, me, Chelsea, ShaVon, and Christie Lee).
So... I didn't forget honey, I would have remembered at some point in the day! I love you to eternity and beyond....

4 comments:

Adrienne

happy anniversary

Naomi

Congratulations! We had our 6th anniversary this year too. It's crazy to think it's only been 6 years, but then you think about life without husband and kids and it is a far distant memory.

(By the way, the "next big change" is just George coming home. Which IS big news, just not the news I think you were expecting.) ;)

Chet and Lisa

Happy Anniversary you guys! Man, has it been that long? Chet and I have been married for 6 years too! Wow, that must have been a good year for marrying! I love looking at the cute pictures of your kids! You and Brett look good too and you look extremely happy! Keep in touch!

Alisia K

happy anniversary! :)

thanks so much for taking the time to post such a sweet comment on my blog. :)
xx