CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Car accident!

Well, now that it has been like a month… I will tell you about my car accident!
I was driving down main street on like 6th or 7th of January, when I saw a pedestrian in the crosswalk!  As I got closer, the car that was in front of me pulled into the center turn lane… which meant I couldn’t see the guy in the crosswalk anymore!  I had no idea if he was going or not, but since the last time I had seen him he was in the crosswalk, I stopped!  Well, the guy behind me didn’t!
CRAAASHHHHHH!!!  That is about all I remember from that.  I pulled over to the side of the road.  The guy got out, told me he was in a hurry because his kids were home alone, and that he needed to leave!  I was worried about getting things paid for, of course, so I called 911. I told them the guy needed to leave because his kids were home alone.  They told me to tell the guy that if he left he would be in even more trouble and that there wasn’t anything that he needed to leave for until the police took our statements!  They sent a few policemen out to help us and take our information.  After that, I had to start dealing with the insurance!
The guy didn’t report his accident, and in fact, he avoided phone call for about 5 days.  So, because of this, I had to open a claim and deal with both our insurance companies to get things resolved.  They finally got a hold of him and closed the case.  They then sent an agent out to assess the damage of our car. 
We also had to replace all the car seats, because the girls were with me.  And, my brother too.  Thankfully, no one was hurt!  That, we were really grateful for!
So… since then, we have been waiting for our van to be repaired!  The quotes we got, said it was about 4,000 dollars worth of damage, and could be more one they got into it!  We have a rental, and have had it for about 4 weeks now.



The place that is fixing it called us last week and told us it was done.  So we went to get it.. they weren’t done.  The bumper was cracked and scratched still and they expected us to be okay with that.  Well, we weren’t.  So they had to order in more parts, and the insurance company still has to pay for our rental.  I guess they have been calling the repair place and putting pressure on them to get it done so they don’t have to pay more in car rental fees.  But, unless it is all fixed, we won’t be taking it!
So… that is our story in a nutshell!  We hope to have our car back soon… but like I said before, the most important thing is that no one was hurt!

3 comments:

Syme Family

I am so glad no one was hurt. That is so scary though. Sorry it is taking forever to get your van fixed. I hate dealing with people like that.

Naomi

Scary!! And why did that guy leave his kids home alone in the first place? I just wonder about some people and the way their minds work. I'm glad you are all okay.

Kelly

I am glad everyone is ok and that your van is getting fixed. I was in a crash last year that totaled my van, and I luckily was alone. Dealing with the other parties insurances was no fun.